In terms of pure comfort, casseroles are high on the list of my fave autumn cooking.
Double points if they have a good amount of cheese and triple if they also contain quinoa.
In fact, I’m stoked that the chilly weather has brought casseroles back into my meal rotation.
Big batches of Baked Spinach Rice or Cottage Pie not only make the kitchen smell like a million bucks on a Sunday night, but they become easy lunches and dinners throughout the week.
And if a couple of friends swing by, no prob — there’s always plenty to share.
On top of that casseroles don’t deserve their reputation of being heavy and loaded with cream and cheese — don’t get me wrong, they’re definitely delicious when they are — but they can be just as warming and yummy when filled with veggies.
So without further ado here are my 15 fave casseroles: filling, nourishing, and all delish. And trust me there’s not a single can of cream of chicken soup in sight!
1) Bruschetta Quinoa Casserole
2) Creamy Caprese Cauliflower Casserole
3) Eggplant Parm Quinoa Casserole
4) Caramelized Cauliflower and Mushroom Casserole
5) Chicken Enchilada Casserole (with Cauliflower Tortillas)
6) Eggplant Parm Rice Casserole
7) Easy Zoodle Bake
8) Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Casserole
9) Spicy Mexican Quinoa Casserole
10) Potato and Kale Gratin
11) Roasted Cauliflower Tomato and Goat Cheese Casserole
12) The Best Baked Spinach Rice
13) Cottage Pie
14) Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole
15) Eggplant Gratin with Tomato Herbs and Creme Fraîche