This is infographic by Visual Economics is very interesting, according to it, the average American is 36.6 years old and eats almost 2000 pounds of food per year.
The average man is 5’9” tall and weighs 190 lbs. The average woman is 5’4” and weighs 164 lbs.
Each year, the average American eats:
- 85.5 lbs. of fats and oils.
- 110 lbs. of red meat (including 62.4 lbs. of beef and 46.5 lbs. of pork)
- 73.6 lbs. of poultry (including 60.4 lbs. of chicken)
- 16.1 lbs. of fish and shellfish
- 32.7 lbs. of eggs.
- 31.4 lbs. of cheese
- 600.5 lbs. of non-cheese dairy products.
- 192.3 lbs. of flour and cereal products
- 141.6 lbs. of caloric sweeteners (including 42 lbs. of corn syrup)
- 56 lbs. of corn
- 415.4 lbs. of vegetables
- 273.2 lbs. of fruit
- 24 lbs. of coffee, cocoa and nuts
- 181 lbs. of beverage milks
- 53 gallons of soda (averaging about one gallon each week)
These foods include 29 lbs. of French fries, 23 lbs. of pizza and 24 lbs. of ice cream.
Americans eat 24 lbs. of artificial sweeteners each year. They eat 2.736 lbs. of sodium, which is 47 percent more than recommended. Americans consume 0.2 lbs. of caffeine each year, about 90,700 mg. In total, Americans eat an average of 2,700 calories each day.
Is that what we call an healthy diet?
The Iron You